Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Potential jointer


Update.... jointer on my wall now!




Allo! Long time no post...
This was taken outside an OttawaU building. I have more that go around this to make a mini jointer. Those of you who know me know I loove jointers. Jointers are a series of photos taken which when you put them all together make one big picture.
Jointers can be of still life or get a little more complicated like this. I discovered them in grade eleven from my photography teacher. I just really love them because they can add complication to what would be a simple photo (like the second one) and a chopped up version of life. It can add more life and movement to your photos without doing a longer exposure.
This type of photography originated from David Hockney.
Here are some examples of my favourite Hockney photos: this one, and this one, and this one.


And now for something completely different... (Monty Python reference...)

Buttons!


No comments:

Post a Comment